Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"BUT I WROTE IT"

On our drive up to Kennewick, Emily spent a lot of time coloring and "writing" in her notebook. Her version of writing consists of squiggling a single line about a half-inch across a piece of paper with a slightly angled orientation. After she does this, she likes to tell Tara and I what she wrote, which is always much longer and verbose than she could possibly have fit within her single, squiggled line even if it were some strange arrangement of words. Tara and I think it's really cute.

Well, aside from visiting Roger & Carol (Tara's parents), Emily's absolute favorite thing to do in Washington is play with her cousins, Megan & Kayley. They live in Oregon, and unfortunately we weren't able to see then on this trip. Emily was so excited however at the prospect of playing "dress-up" with her cousins, she failed to hear Tara or I when we informed her that they wouldn't be there this time around. She kept talking so much during the car ride about playing with Megan & Kayley that finally Tara had to emphatically explain that they would not be there because they too far away. Upon hearing this, Emily very incredulously told Tara that they would in fact be there because she had written it down in one of her squiggles. (Somehow I guess she was trying to will them there..) Tara again explained that  they wouldn't be there and she wouldn't be able to play with them, but this only frustrated Emily more. She then help up her notebook and shouted, "BUT I WROTE IT THAT THEY WOULD BE THERE!"

Even though Megan & Kayley didn't end up being there, we all still had an awesome time with Roger & Carol, including Emily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment