Monday, April 13, 2009

I brought home some take-out from Cafe Rio last Friday. Cafe Rio puts little cinnamon candies with the utensils, and Tara and I always let Emily have them because kids love candy!! This time, Emily decided that she wanted to share the candy with us, but I told Emily that she could have because "daddy doesn't like candy." (gives me heartburn) Well that really surprised Emily, and she said to me "You mean you don't like candy?? Why not?! Don't you like sweet?"

The rest of the weekend and even last night, Emily has kept offering candy to me. (We've happened to have a lot around the house due to the Easter holiday) And I really think candy must be the greatest and most wonderfully delightful thing in existence in Emily's perspective, as she is now in the habit of doggedly insisting that I "have some candy" with her. The very idea that I don't like candy must seem completely bizarre and absurd to her.

She must think there is something terribly wrong with my palate, and yet I've still not been able to get her to eat a Reuben sandwich with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment